This in-depth course explores 6 essential ways to harmonize the beloved standard “Somewhere Over the Rainbow.”
Here is what you’ll learn:
- How to read the lead sheet and play 7th chords
- Using the sound of block chords popularized in the 30s and 40s of the jazz era
- The simple trick behind Drop 2 Voicings
- Harmonizing with 4ths to create a modern sound
- How to use rootless voicings so the left hand can comp
- Learn a chromatic harmonization
- Understand how to create a complete reharmonization
- Use our backing track to practice playing with a bass player and drummer!
This course contains over 2.5 hrs of instruction.
This course is designed for Intermediate to Advanced players.