One of the best ways to build your confidence improvising is to play Funk Music! Do you ever notice how Stevie Wonder and Herbie Hancock look so free when they play? They’re feeling every note in the music and just letting go!
I’m going to help “Funk you up” and let you experience that freedom and fun of playing funk music in this lesson.
Here is what’s included for this in-depth course:
- Learn the left hand 7th chords and 4 grooves
- Discover how to build melodies with 3 notes, 4 notes, and eventually 5 and 6 note melodic ideas
- Each section comes with 8 demonstrated ideas in varying rhythms
- Understand which notes to slide up or down
- Learn how to play in multiple octaves
- Watch Jonny teach 6 of his top riffs
This lesson will get you improvising in no time. You’ll understand the mechanics of improvisation and also learn the feel that is necessary for funk music.
This course is designed for Beginner to Intermediate players.